Following items must be consider when using PPR pipes and Fittings:
1. Pipes must be protected against impacts and beats before and through installation.
2. PPR pipes must be protected against long time exposure to UV lights before and after installation. The areas of the pipes that are exposed to UV lights must be insulated.
3. When the installation is completed, a pressure test must be run (DIN1988). It is not right to conduct the pressure test with the network pressure value. The pressure test must be run after the installation is completed and within a 1.5 times higher pressure value (generally 15 bars) as opposed to the network pressure.
4. PPR pipe installations must be protected against the danger of frost. The areas with risk of frost must be insulated. Water in the installation must be drained if the installation shall not be used and so any damage to pipes because of high pressures caused by frost must be prevented.
5. Metal pipes should be preferred in the first 1-1.5 meter part of hot water exit in devise like combi boilers because of instant high temperatures that may take place in such devices and then should be switched to PPR pipes. This way, potential problems shall be prevented.
6. Compliance of welding threaders used in welding process to the standards must be taken into account. Welding must not be done with threaders whose Teflon is worn out.
7. Metal fittings with conical metal structure must not be used in connections.
8. Dirty pipe and fittings should not be used before cleaning.
9. Over-tightening must be avoided in mounting of metal fittings.
10. The scissors used for cutting the pipe must be sharp.
11. Technical catalogs must be used to compensate expansions (elongation and shortening).
12. Clamp distances for PPR pipe must be same with the table below.